Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Food and Phone

My sister and I made the trans-New England voyage from Burlington, VT over to North Hampton, NH to spend Thanksgiving with our mother's side of our family. Our aunt and uncle Cathy and Pat live there and their son Ryan was there as well. Our grandparents came as well along with another aunt and uncle, Trice and Denis, and their kids Callie and Meg. It was a great to spend Thanksgiving with everybody. Liz and I went for a 50 minute run down to the ocean and back in the morning which was good to get the appetite warmed up. Over the years I have thrown down pretty hard on Thanksgiving, so I have a bit of a reputation to live up to. A couple years ago I ate with the intent of finding out exactly how much I was capable of eating. Boy, did that hurt! This year I did two plates of food and two plates of pie. Pretty modest, considering. And one beer and the Lions/Packers game too.

Another nice thing was when my parents called. My dad called my sisters cell phone and my mom called the land line at my aunt and uncle's house. The phones were passed around and everybody got to talk to them. It was really nice hearing them. My father and I talked a bit about my upcoming trip to visit them in Egypt with Helen. Ciaro here we come.

Food - I must say the gravy was especially great.Pie - one big slice of apple and one tasty slice of pecan. and then another of each.Here's the whole table. Good stories, lots of food, and big candles.Liz and I talking to our parents.Our parents, in Cairo, talking to us.Showing my grandmother and my cousin Ryan my blog. She liked the Catamount Cyclocross pictures. She watched my sister and I run cross-country races there in high school.

No comments: