Saturday, November 17, 2007

First Day on SNOW

I went skiing today at Bolton Valley. Helen and I drove up to Bolton after a lazy morning of lounging around. Her mouth is still not completely healed from having her wisdom teeth out so she didn't want to ski quite yet - but she took a nice long walk in the snow up there. I brought my classic equipment but barrowed a pair of waxless touring skis from the rental skis. It was really excellent conditions and they are getting out tonight to do some grooming. There were no rocks and lots of snow. Not quite all the water has frozen so there's still some water under the snow at certain parts of the trail. Here are the pictures you've all been waiting for...SNOW.


Dork.My sister just happy to be pointing out all the snow. She's got a good gig up at Bolton.As you can see, the trails are well covered. It felt good to be going uphill on a pair of cross country skis again. Nothing gets your heart pumping quite the same way.Eric Tremble, who races for the Kenda/Raleigh team in the summertime, was also out and about on a pair of classic skis - with a big grin on his face just like me.Enough talking...back to the skiing.Me pointing out how much snow there is on the trees.I got back to the Sports Center to find my sister hard at work...ensuring that the snow was of the highest quality - so that everybody could come play in it.

No comments: