Monday, February 25, 2008

It was a 3 Ski Race Week

I had been doing about 10-11 hours a week training, but this past week (Feb 18-24) was only 8-9 hours. Not much in the grand scheme of things. However, I did mix in 3 good races. I posted my fasted time ever at the Sleepy Hollow 6k (15:35) and then raced a solid 12th at the Eastern Cup Finals in a tight race (20 seconds out of 3rd) and then I capped the week off with a 4th place at the Stowe Derby. Eric Tremble was 3rd at the Derby - so it was a good race for the Northwest Vermont Nordic Club. He and I are teaming up in this coming weekends Rangeley Lakes 50k skate race to try and kick-ass and take names.

So, they start the Derby half-way up the Mountain at Stowe and you finish right in the center of town at the start of the bike path. The race starts at 10:00am and I had to be at work by 11:45am. I raced as fast as I could into town, caught my breath, ate a bag of Madhouse Munchies they were giving away, and then hopped into the car with Helen and jetted back to Burlington.On an exciting, cool note - I'm going to Seattle in a couple weeks for a Brooks running shoe symposium. Their headquarters are out there and they invited 2 people from the Skirack. So, Emily (the shoe buyer at the Skirack) is of course going and me too! I'm packing my bags and heading out to Seattle for a couple days. Yahoo. Coffee COFFEE.


Monday: -40 minutes on trainer w/ stretching and situps & pushups
-2 Cycles of Strength Exercises

Tuesday: -90 minutes skate skiing
-20 minutes running w/ stretching and situps & pushups

Wednesday: -70 minutes skate skiing w/ streching and situps & pushups
(Sleepy Hollow Practice Race - 1st place)
-30 minutes on trainer w/ streching and situps & pushups
-2 Cycles of Strength Exercises

Thursday: -60 minutes on trainer w/ stretching and situps & pushups
-35 minutes running w/ stretching and situps & pushups

Friday: -30 minutes on trainer w/ stretching and situps & pushups
-1 Cycle of Strength Exercises

Saturday: -90 minutes skate skiing
(Eastern Cup Finals - 12th place)

Sunday: -50 minutes skate skiing
(Stowe Derby - 4th place)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about thanking your amazingly fit, beautiful and generous girlfriend for schlepping you around to all these ski races in her car......just a vioce for credit where it's due. Oh, and you don't have to pretend to ride your bike all winter on the trainer to be a bike racer. A great one at that. Kudos to Jake for keepin it real. :)