Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cold biking time

Winter is really sticking around this year. I stayed inside for most of the week, but by the weekend I finally had my new Time bike all built up and the roads finally were clear. The guys at Green Mt. Rehab (Andy and Eric) let me use the computrainer and I dialed in the fit and the cleat and shim setup on my new Time shoes. Everything feels pretty darn good.

I don't just keep the exact same setup every year and never try to change it. In the off season I always play around with things and try to improve things. I figure if you can make an equipment change that makes you more efficient then you'll stay less injured and it'll give you free speed. However tinkering and changes are for the off-season/early season. I generally try to have everything pretty much as is by early May. Then I leave it there until next off-season.

Monday: -Off

Tuesday: -40 minutes on computrainer

Wednesday: -80 minutes on computrainer w/ stretching and situps & pushups

Thursday: -60 minutes on trainer w/ streching and situps & pushups

Friday: -60 minutes on computrainer w/ stretching and situps & pushups
-20 minutes running w/ stretching and situps & pushups

Saturday: -150 minutes bicycle ride
(rode from Shelburne to the Bolton Valley baselodge)

Sunday: -150 minutes bicycle ride w/ stretching and situps & pushups
(rode with Dan, Will, Colin, and Chris - aka CCB North)

Here are the boys before the ride. The Brooks pharmacy that was downtown is now a Rite-Aid pharmacy. Rite-Aid sponsors a Pro bike team. Some of our good riding buddies ride for that team - Richard Geng, Robbie King, Bobby Lea, etc. So we kid. But, that downtown pharmacy was open 24h when it was a Brooks and its not anymore.
Snow covered fields, farms, thermal jackets, and good friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Colin's version of "blue steel" in the first photo.

chris

Anonymous said...

Your fans demand an update!

Anonymous said...

I like the fact you guys shop at Rite Aid. Thanks for the support.