Thursday, October 18, 2007

Papa's got a new pair of shoes

Got some new shoes today. They are orange. So that's good.

I've been getting the cross-training going. Still spending some time on the bike, but throwing in some running, stretching, exercises, and even some roller skiing in as well. Its been enjoyable. I'm doing a cyclocross race this weekend at the Catamount Family Center and the following weekend I'm doing a 5k running race over in Essex.

So I've been getting a big ol' No-Go for turning pro next year. I'd talked to some professional teams in the end of August and beginning of September and then again while I was out in Las Vegas. I've gotten no response from anyone. Like Mike Cody said, "Its like a night club with a big long line out front and it looks like its really cool, but it really isn't actually that cool once you get inside." Still, to put two years in with that singular goal and not reach it is a little frustrating. Thankfully CCB is a most excellent team to ride for - and Steve Pucci makes sure we have all the support we need.

So, the plan is to do less bike racing around New England next year and take on some more responsibility at work. However, I'm bad at letting dreams go. So, the racing I will be doing will be more focused at the major events where a good result really means something. Also, I'm really interested in getting back to doing local biking, running, and skiing stuff around Burlington.

Oh, and on a very very very exciting note, my girlfriend Helen and I now are the proud owners off two tickets to Egypt. We booked our flights to Cairo for December 28th to January 12th. Pyramids...

No comments: