Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Catamount Cross

The Catamount Cyclocross Weekend has come and gone once again. There was some good racing and some good weather - very unlike last year when there was way to much snow, mud, and cold and horrible, painful crashing by me.This year I just raced on Saturday, as I had to work on Sunday. It looked like it was going to be a pretty low-key event until just about 15 minutes before the start when Josh Dillon, Dan Vaillencourt, and teammate Will Dugan all showed up. Some solid riders. I look the lead right off the bat and got to take clean lines through the first half of the first lap. Then the crashing started and I went down hard 3 times in the first lap, and lost some distance on the leaders. I even had to straighten my handlebars after the last crash and banged my leg pretty hard. I eventually got going again and found a pretty good rythme, not crashing once. I raced hard and moved up from second to last to finish 6th. Up front Will Dugan attacked in the second lap and rode to win by a big margin. Josh was 2nd and Dan 3rd. Following are a few bulleted highlights and some more pictures from the race...

-Will Dugan is so good at cross that he won again on Sunday even though half of the sole ripped off his left shoe during the race.
-Dan Cassidy, Ilke, Chris, Erin, and my sister and Helen did some awesome cheering and picture taking.
-Erik at Catamount knows how to put together great cyclocross courses.
-Crashing is bad...

No comments: