Friday, August 1, 2008

Races that have come and gone.

Balloon Festival: Race went well- ended up getting 1-2'ed by Jamie and Josh from Fior di Frutta in the end though. Came in 3rd. Willie Dugan (aka WD-40) returned to racing - kicking ass and taking names.

Housatonic Hills: Really good legs - but ended up 3rd again. Rookies Chris and Colin road really well early in the race. Willie D and I made the final selection but I wasn't aggressive enough. Still, we managed to beat Todd Wells a week before he got 15th in Mt. Bike Worlds.

Giro d'Jersey: Mainly did this race because it had a ridiculous name. Went pretty well. Raced hard. Top 10 on all the stages - and the team attempted to Blitzkrieg the last stage. Good times.

Cox Charities Crit: NRC + $15,000 = me getting scared in the last lap. Didn't take nearly enough risks in the end - and used my brakes a handful of times in the last lap alone. I was trying to lead out Amos, but didn't do a good enough job.

Fitchburg: Oops. Not sure what I did, but the good legs were gone. I suppose crashing hard on my TT bike the day before the race in the parking lot at the Skirack doesn't help. I was excited for the road race and I had no gas. One of these days I'm going to nail this race!

Mt Holly: Hot Hot Hot. 100 degrees - 100 percent humidity - a light breeze. Before I knew what was happening I was getting the chills of dehydration. I finished, and most of the field didn't, but it wasn't pretty. Colin road well and was top NJ amateur.

Hilltowns: Back in business. Nearly took the first W of the season...only to get second. Jump early? Jump late? I went with early and Ted King came around me with 100m to go. Dan Cassidy was back in action and stomping the pedals.

Freedom Tour: Apparently this is a $3500 crit in NJ. Who knew? Dugan 3rd in a six man break. I lead out Colin and he showed all the NYC sprinters and PA track guys a clean set of wheels. Team is starting to race well together. Yee-Hah

No comments: