Monday, August 4, 2008

Donkey Kong

Like my old friend John McKone used to say, "it was on like Donkey Kong". Blue team (CCB) was kicking ass and taking names in NH this past weekend and it felt good. A couple weeks back I'd hatched this plan in my head that Dan and Will and I were going to lead out Colin at the Concord Crit. In my plan I was going to come through the last turn at 42 mph and Colin was going to light it up like a Christmas tree (L'arbe de noel - for my french speaking readers). Well, it wasn't quite like I'd imagined....I only came through the last turn at 41.7mph. Oh well! Haha. It was awesome - Shake and Bake! Who-WAH. Oh, and we were shaking and baking all day long too. 7 out of the 8 primes. You could say Will, Patrick (the German) and I had a good shopping experience while we were in Concord.

Here's the report: http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080803/SPORTS/808030361/1054/TOWNS13

If you zoom the finish line picture you can see a little bit of my mustache as I watch Colin. Will is also sporting a mustache now - and it looks like Dan has one on the way as well. Will Amos Brumble be forced to show up to GMSR with a mustache? Will Lassie save Timmy from drowning in the well? We'll find out next time folks...

Well, we rested up and then came back for more....

The Bow road race course is a tricky one - always up and down, not really any flat. If a strong racer misses a breakaway they can get very frustrated with the other riders. We used this to our advantage as we have a multitude of riders good in this type of course - so we used our strength wisely. WD-40 finally got up the road with Cassitron and 3 other guys and it was pretty much game over. Bow is a ballers course...and Will is ballin' good right now. He took the W with some good help from Dan and then Colin and I went 1-2 in the bunch sprint behind for 8th and 9th place (2 riders in between). This was all after just 3 laps of racing though - there was thunder and lightning so they told us we were going to finish at the halfway point. I guess it counts though - so its another one for blue team.

Next up...learning some "your mother" jokes in French to bring with us up to Montreal-Quebec this weekend. Quebec'ers race hard...and they race especially hard at this race...so it should be good stuff.

No comments: