Saturday, May 3, 2008

The bike finally has a name!!!

So, my new steed finally has a name. My hog, my mount, my stallion, my ride, my scoot, my whip, my rizzi, my french rocket, my chopper, my sled, my wheels, my weapon, my sword, my boy - he's got a name. Jimmy. His brother, who I rode for the last 2 years, was Timmy.

As a general rule of thumb I think it is good for your bike to have a name if you plan on racing well on it. For example, I've never had a time trial bike with a name yet and I've never really time trialed very well. However, Timmy was the first road bike I ever raced that I named and I became a much better racer on him. Naming a bike is not something that you can really force - but something that just happens. You can think and think and think about what to name it, but the name won't come to you until it's ready.

I feel much relieved that my new bike is finally named. Jimmy is quite a bike. We're still getting to know eachother 100% - but we're getting there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
For no particular reason typed your name in the google search which led me to your blog.
So you are a biking pro now? That's great. Say hi to John, Beth and Liz. You can write a few words to alexander_bragin@rambler.ru if you are in the mood.

Oh, if you're wondering who the hell this is, then it's Sasha from Russia.

Good luck to you, Big Snake :)