Saturday, December 29, 2007

We're in Cairo

Helen and I pushed off from the Burlington airport at 11:30 on December 28th. We arrived in Cairo around noon on December 29th. Helen's roommate Molly gave us a much apprciated ride to the airport - and my parents were at the airport in Egypt to pick us up. They had a nice large van there as well and we drove right to their apartment to drop off our bags and take showers and eat some food. Once we were clean and fed - we hopped in a taxi and took a B-line to the Nile. We hopped on a felucca - a cool Egyptian sail boat that has been around for thousands of years. We cruised around on the Nile for a couple of hours and ate snacks and had drinks. Quite relaxing. Now, its time for bed because we hardly slept on the plane last night.

Helen and I with jackets on departing from chilly Vermont.Helen and I with jackets off arriving in Cairo.On the boat - cruising the Nile. Drinking juice and eating pita with baba ghanoush. Life is good!Very Happy, but Very Tired. And my mom wearing a turban

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you made it to Cairo, and I made it into the Blog!!!!!! Have fun...

MGo